Q Link’s Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program allows its customers to connect their smartphones to their network. In return, you get free, unlimited talk and text and 4G LTE data plan for life. Too good of a deal to pass up?
After confirming that your phone is compatible with Q Link, go to Settings > About Phone > and use your IMEI number to check for eligibility at the IMEI info website. Next, get a Q Link SIM card (not compulsory) and activate your phone—dial 305-260-6232 to confirm.
Q Link offers lots of goodies you just can’t miss out on. In addition, switching to the network is relatively quick and straightforward. So let’s dive in and help set you up on the Q Link network.
Will Q Link Work with Any Phone?
No, not all phones are compatible with the Q Link network. To ensure your phone is compatible, you must check its IMEI number. In addition, your phone should be GSM enabled for it to work with the program.
Here’s how to check your IMEI number.
For Android phones:
- Go to your Settings menu.
- Tap About Phone or Status.
- Your IMEI number should be displayed.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap General.
- Tap About.
- Your IMEI number should be displayed.
You can also dial *#06# (for iPhones) to get your IMEI number without navigating the settings.
Once you have your IMEI number, head to the IMEI Info website and enter your IMEI number. If the GSM section is checked, your phone is compatible with Q Link.
Can You Bring Your Own Phone to Q Link Wireless?
Yes, you can bring your own phone to Q Link Wireless as long as it is GSM enabled. However, you will need to purchase a Q Link Wireless SIM card and activate it with your phone for the service to be available.
Additionally, you will need to unlock your device from any existing carrier, which you can do by requesting an unlock code from your former service provider. Once it’s unlocked, you can use Q Link Wireless’s services.
Similarly, you can also opt-out of the service and transfer your Q Link number to a different carrier. Again, you will fill in a request form and await approval from Q Link Wireless before beginning the switching process.
Q Link Compatible Phones List
Here is a list of all the phones compatible with Q link. You should check to ensure your phone is compatible before signing up with Q Link.
|iPhone 14 Models||iPhone X|
|iPhone SE 3rd Gen (2022)||iPhone 8 Plus|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max||iPhone 8|
|iPhone 12 Pro Max||iPhone 7 Plus|
|iPhone 12 Mini||iPhone 7|
|iPhone 12||iPhone 6s Plus|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max||iPhone 6s|
|iPhone 11||iPhone 6|
|iPhone XR||iPhone 6 Plus|
|iPhone XS Max||iPhone 5s|
Android phones are compatible with Q Link as long as they meet specific specs. Generally, new phones released in the past few years should be compatible. Here are some of them, categorized by manufacturer.
|Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition||Samsung Galaxy S9|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge||Samsung Galaxy S9+|
|Samsung Galaxy S8||Samsung Galaxy Note 9|
|Samsung Galaxy S8+||Samsung Galaxy S10|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 8||Samsung Galaxy S10+|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Special Edition||Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra||Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 20||Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 1|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 10||Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2|
|Samsung Galaxy Note||Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3|
|Moto G4 Plus||Moto G5 Plus|
|Moto G4 Play||Moto Z2 Play|
|Google Pixel||Nexus 6P|
|LG V20||LG G6|
|OnePlus 3T||HTC 10|
|Huawei P9 Lite||Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra|
These are only a few of the phones currently compatible with Q Link. New phones are constantly added, so it’s best to check for updates regularly.
How Do You Make Your Q Link SIM Card Work on Your Phone?
Here are the steps to make your Q link SIM card operate on your smartphone.
- You first need to locate your SIM card slot. Depending on your phone, it may be found under the battery or in a drawer on the side of your device.
- Once located, you will insert your Q Link SIM card into the slot. Ensure you choose the correct size slot as certain phones require a different size SIM card than others.
- Once your SIM is inserted, you will power on your phone (if it is not already on). Your phone should then automatically detect your Q Link SIM card and allow you to activate it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the necessary information for activation. You may need to perform a network reset to complete the process.
Your Q Link SIM card is now ready to use. Dial 305-260-6232 to confirm that your activation is successful.
Before You Switch to Q Link…
There are a few crucial things you need to know before making your switch to Q Link.
- Q Link may cap your data after 23 Gb, 28 Gb, or 32 G. It is not really “unlimited.” New customers should be aware of this limit before they start using Q Link’s service.
- Q Link also has a strict no-tethering policy. This means you cannot use the network to connect any other internet-enabled devices, such as tablets or computers.
- Lastly, Q Link’s reception may be poor in rural and remote areas. Therefore, you should research your area’s coverage before switching to Q Link Wireless.
You should know these critical things before switching to Q Link Wireless. Doing your research and understanding the terms of service can save you from a lot of trouble down the road.
But this isn’t to discourage you from making the switch. Many customers have had great experiences using Q Link Wireless, and you may too!