In this era of technological advancements, everyone wants to own an iPad. But buying a new model may not be feasible for everyone due to budget constraints. That is why a second-hand device is a more affordable option for many iPad lovers. Sometimes, however, it can be problematic for buyers if the previous owner forgets to log out of his Apple ID.
There are several ways to factory reset an iPad, even if you do not know the Apple ID and password. You’ll need to connect the iPad to your computer with a USB cable to start. Factory resetting will erase all the stored content, so make sure you have a backup in your iCloud before wiping it.
Let’s check out the various ways you can reset your iPad without entering your Apple ID or Password so you can easily set up your iPad from scratch.
How to Reset Your iPad Without Apple ID
If you absolutely need to factory reset your iPad and have forgotten your registered Apple ID, there is no need to worry as there are a few methods that can help you do this:
Factory Resetting An iPad Using Third-Party Apps
It can be tricky to factory reset your iPad if you do not know or have forgotten your Apple ID. However, with the help of third-party apps like AnyUnlock—iPhone Password Unlocker, you can easily remove the Apple ID, iTunes backup password, or iCloud account from your iPad.
You just need to download the app on your computer, connect your iPad to your computer, and click on the Unlock Now option. The AnyUnlock app will factory reset your iPad and remove the linked Apple ID.
Still confused about how you can do this? Just follow the steps given below, and you’ll be able to factory reset your iPad in no time:
- Download AnyUnlock on your computer. This might take a few minutes.
- Open the application once it’s downloaded.
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPad to your computer.
- Click on the Unlock Apple ID option on your home screen.
- Next, select the Unlock Now button to start factory resetting your iPad without Apple ID.
- Check the status of your device before following the instructions on the screen to complete settings. Then, click on Continue to move on to the next step.
- Now download the corresponding iOS firmware with the help of the instructions on the screen. Select Unlock Now to start the unlocking process.
- The AnyUnlock app will now begin to factory reset your iPad without Apple ID. This may take a few minutes. Make sure that your iPad is connected to your computer.
- You can now set up your device and finish the unlocking process.
- The reset process is complete. You can now enter your new Apple ID.
Factory Resetting An iPad Using iTunes
iTunes is a popular app among iOS users, allowing them to perform various tasks on their iOS-based devices. This versatile app can also be used to factory reset your iPad in case you forgot your password.
This app has a built-in feature that allows you to re-install the operating system. However, doing so will remove all the settings and data from your iPad and will get your device factory reset.
The first thing you need to do before using this method is put your iPad in Recovery Mode. Next, ensure that all your essential data is backed up, as this method will remove all your data from your device. You must also have the latest version of iTunes downloaded on your computer.
The following guide will help you complete the factory reset process easily:
- Open the iTunes app on your computer.
- Then, use a USB cable to connect your iPad to your computer.
- Before resetting, put your device into Recovery Mode. For iPads with Face ID, you need to hold the Volume Up button for a couple of seconds, then hold the Volume Down button for a couple of seconds before holding the Power button until the iPad is in Recovery Mode. Hold the Power and Home button for iPads with a Home button until you see connect to the computer icon.
- Click the Restore button on your computer screen to factory test your iPad.
Can You Erase an iPad Without the Apple ID Password?
It’s possible to erase an iPad even if you have forgotten your Apple ID password. Put your iPad in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode before using iTunes for a factory reset. Here’s how you can do this:
- Open iTunes on your computer. Make sure that you have the latest version.
- Plug in your iPad to your computer.
- Press and hold both the Power and Home button.
- Keep holding the buttons for almost 10 seconds. Then, if the Apple logo appears, you’ll need to start again as you have pressed the buttons too long.
- Release the Power button, but keep pressing the Home button for almost five more seconds. If the Plug into iTunes screen appears, you’ll have to start again, which means that you have held the Home button for too long.
- If your iPad screen remains black, it means your device is in DFU mode.
- Next, you will get an alert from iTunes informing you that it has detected your device. Click Ok.
- A window will appear, allowing you to restore your iPad or cancel the process. Click Restore. This will erase all the data from your iPad easily.
How Do You Remove Previous Owner’s Apple ID From an iPad Without Password?
Having an iPad signed in with the previous owner’s password can be frustrating. Not only will you be unable to download any applications from the App Store, but any photos you take will also not be backed up to your iCloud account.
However, you can rectify this situation by removing the previous owner’s Apple ID password.
But what happens if you don’t know the password? Here’s how you can remove the previous owner’s Apple ID from an iPad without using a password:
Remove Apple ID In Recovery Mode
If you recently bought a second-hand iPad and don’t know the previous owner’s Apple ID password, then factory resetting it can help solve this issue. Here’s how you can go about it:
- Make sure that your iPad has sufficient charge. Then, connect your device to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously to put your device into Recovery Mode. Your iPad will be forced to restart.
- Once the recovery mode menu appears on your iPad, you’ll see the Restore and Update options.
- After the restoration process is complete, the previous owner’s Apple ID will be removed without a password, and you’ll be able to set up your iPad.
Remove Apple ID Using AnyUnlock
One of the easiest ways to remove Apple ID is using the AnyUnlock app. This app helps iOS users unlock screen passcodes, remove Apple ID, bypass MDM, and much more.
Whether you want to get rid of the previous owner’s password or have forgotten your password, AnyUnlock is a convenient solution.
If you want to use the Unlock Apple ID function of AnyUnlock, then follow the steps below:
- First, open AnyUnlock on your computer and choose the Unlock Apple ID option.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Click on the Unlock Now button. AnyUnlock will automatically remove the Apple ID without any data loss if Find My app is disabled.
- Make sure that your iPad is connected to the computer until it restarts.
It takes a few minutes for the Apple ID removal process to complete.
How to Unlock iPad Without Apple ID
You can unlock your iPad without using your Apple ID in several ways. these include:
Unlocking iPad Without Losing Data
Using third-party applications like AnyUnlock can help unlock your iPad without losing files or data. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the AnyUnlock app on your computer. Use a USB cable to connect your iPad to your computer. Select the Unlock Apple ID panel.
- Enter your Apple ID and click Start. But if you don’t know your Apple ID and cannot get past the iCloud Activation Lock, select the Learn More option on the right.
- Once AnyUnlock detects your iPad, select the Unlock Now button.
In a few minutes, your device will be successfully unlocked.
Unlocking iPad with Find My iPad Open
It can be challenging to unlock your Apple ID if the Find My app is open on your device. However, with AnyUnlock, you can easily do this with the help of the following steps:
- Launch AnyUnlock on your computer. Click on Unlock Apple ID mode. Select Start.
- Check that your computer and iPad are connected. Then, click on Unlock Now.
- Make sure the Two-Factor authentication and your screen passcode are turned on. If these are turned off, follow the instructions on the screen to set it up. Now hit Continue.
- Check your device information before downloading the firmware. Next, click Unlock Now again. AnyUnlock will begin unlocking the Apple ID.
Unlock iPad with DFU Mode
Setting up your iPad in DFU mode will erase all content and rest your device to default settings. If you remember your screen passcode, you can easily access the Settings App to set up your iPad in DFU Mode. With the steps below, you can unlock your iPad while it is in DFU mode:
- Click on Settings. Then select General before choosing Reset.
- Now click on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Next, enter your iPad screen passcode. This will erase all the content on your iPad.
- Reset Apple ID Password
If you have another Apple device using the same Apple ID, you can simply use that to reset your password. So follow the steps below if you have a Mac signed in with the same Apple ID:
- Click System Preferences on the Apple Menu. You can find the Apple Menu in the top left corner of your device.
- Select Apple ID. Choose Password & Security. Now click on Change Password.
- Type in your Mac screen password before selecting Allow.
If you have an iPhone that uses the same Apple ID, then here’s what you should do:
- Go to settings—type in your Name, then Password & Security before hitting Change Password.
- Enter your iPhone passcode. Now you can easily reset your Apple ID passcode.